On June 9, 2017, the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards recognized Texas Peace Officers throughout the State of Texas for professional achievement, public service, and valor. Six Houston Police Officers were awarded the Medal of Valor for their selfless acts of bravery which placed them in individual peril.
The six officers who received recognition were:
- Officer Donovan Polk, South Gessner
- Officer Eddie Castillo, South Gessner
- Officer Clinton Mays, South Gessner
- Officer Kyle Canales, Westside
- Officer Sasha Gajic, South Gessner
- Senior Police Officer Abraham Vanderberry, Training
Their acts of valor and total dedication to duty reflects great credit upon themselves, their families, and the Houston Police Department. Job well done!!!