The Assist the Officer Top Cop Hero Gala held Feb. 3 was by all reports a success in its first-time version.
Plans are already underway to make next year’s event bigger and better. The effort put forth by the ATO board to get the first gala off the ground was outstanding.
Once again congratulations to Chris Hartman, recognized as the Investigator of the Year and Sean Jordan and Pablo Flores-Ramirez as Patrol Officers of the Year. They were selected from the pool of Patrol and Investigator monthly winners in the HPOU general membership meetings.
Each winner received a crystal award, airline tickets and hotel accommodations covering five days of Police Week events in Washington, DC.
Let’s make sure all of the outstanding police work by our co-workers is recognized and get those nominations in each month to the HPOU. If you nominate any of next year’s winners, maybe they’ll invite you to DC.
The Downtown Hyatt staff did a superb job with dinner, service and kept the open bars well stocked. The Groove provided terrific music with most attendees spending some time on the dance floor.
The auction was well received with artist Stephanie Mays, Texas thin blue line flags fashioned from weather barn tin and Grant Maine’r ‘s Eco-Impressionism styled Lady Bug print drawing great reviews. And we can’t forget those numerous other auction items.
Special thanks to gala sponsors. Without their support events like this don’t take place.
- The HPOU Board
- First Responders Benefit Trust Board
- Houston Police Retired Officers Association
- African-American Police Officers League
- Texas Municipal Police Association
- Spirit of Texas bank
- Brian Craft and the Public Safety Financial Group
- Tom Leinhan Health Special Risk
- The Combined Underwriters
- Watchguard Body camera
- Alan Helfman of the River Oaks Dealerships
- Houston Police Officers Credit Union
- Minuteman Press for providing the printing for the nights programs.
- Gary Hicks who once again provided his photography skills making the night extra special.
ATO would like to thank each member of the HPOU who purchased a ticket supporting ATO and attended the gala. We hope you enjoyed the night. Should you have suggestions for improvements for next year’s gal, va contact any ATO director.
We hope to see you at the next ATO event and at next years gala.