Midwestern State University
Midwestern State University, a fully accredited state-supported university, offers its Bachelors of Applied Arts and Sciences to law enforcement personnel throughout the Texas. The BAAS has served the law enforcement community for nearly 20 years and allows police officers to earn a degree by combining previously-earned academic credits, vocational training and work/military experience. Courses can be taken over the web.
Given the program’s flexibility, students with a minimum of 18 academic credits and 3 years of work experience may be eligible to enter. Midwestern State University also accepts up to 90 academic credits for transfer into the BAAS from accredited universities.
- 12 credits awarded for Basic Law Enforcement Certificate
- 6 credits awarded for Advanced Law Enforcement Certificate
- 6 credits awarded for work experience
- Credits awarded for military experience
- Texas veterans may qualify for free tuition
- Up to 90 academic credits can be transferred into the program