HPOU announced the results of this fall’s Board of Directors election, which resulted in the need for runoffs for two Board positions Nos. 10 and 19.
HPOU President Joe Gamaldi was reelected, having received 89 percent of the vote, winning over challenger Robert Torres.
Runoff competitors for Board Position No. 10 were Joseph Dunn and Tuan Van Le, while competing in the Board Position No. 19 runoff was Craig Frazzini and Jason Alderete. Le and Alderete were runoff winners.
Other Board election results were as follows:
- Board Position No.4 – Art Mejia beat Damion Polite
- Board Position No. 7 – Mark James Gutierrez beat Steve Turner
- Board Position No. 11 – Fred Rodriguez Jr. beat Matthew George
- Board Position No. 17 – Robert Medel beat Derek Griffin
- Board Position No. 20 – Norma Lazo beat Derek Maier.