Dwayne Ready, Trustee
Election Committee Chairman
The annual Board of Trustee election is drawing close, and the Election Committee that I chair and the Board have been working for most of 2018 to update and modernize our elections. Based on feedback I received during the last election, I requested and volunteered to Chair the committee to make our election process more transparent, easier to participate in, and more flexible in terms of voting options. That effort culminated in the selection and hiring of Election Services Co. (ESC), which is the oldest and largest independent company now servicing over 14 million members annually including Professional Associations, Bar Associations, Credit Unions and Alumni Associations just to name a few. ESC’s user friendly online voting systems will make it easier for our members’ voices to be heard.
For members interested in running for one of the active or retired positions, HPOPS will soon provide notice via our website and through email of the deadlines to sign-up. Then, at the end of October, everyone with good contact information will receive both an email and snail mail with instructions on how to vote electronically or by mail in ballot; the choice is yours. I will be pushing more information through our HPOPS website, the HPOU website, and the HPROA website about the specific dates and deadlines soon, but we need good contact information on you for this to work.
NOW THE IMPORTANT STUFF!
Our website is our primary method of communication. If HPOPS’ doesn’t have your correct address and email, then you will NOT receive either an email or a mail in ballot. Please check the HPOPS’ website, www.hpops.org, and determine if your contact information is correct. If it is incorrect, you can change it while on-line by:
- Locating the down arrow next to your name in the black box on the top right of the webpage.
- Select Contact Info.
- Select Edit to change address, phone number, or email.
For those who never registered on the HPOPS’ website, you should do so immediately. The registration process is as follows:
- Go to the HPOPS’ website address hpops.org
- Click the Login/Register link at the top right corner of the website and select Register.
- Enter a valid email address, the last 4 digits of your social security number, your zip code on file with HPOPS, and your birth date. Click ‘Register Account’
- If registration is successful, check your email account for a message to validate your email address. Click the link in the email message. You will then enter a password. The password will need to be at least 9 characters long with at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, a number, and a special character symbol (@!$%^&*).
- Go back to the hpops.org website to login. Click the login/Register link at the top right corner and click Login.
- Enter your registered email address and password to login.
Should you have difficulty, call the HPOPS Office at (713) 869-8734 or send an email to email@example.com.